KPMG’s Advisory practice is growing, and we require strong professionals to join our dynamic team in Vancouver.Our Advisory professionals provide a range of services to support our clients’ growth, governance, and performance objectives. Specifically, our Risk Consulting practice is comprised ofbusiness focused advisors and auditors who work to understand our clients’ business issues and to develop and execute approaches to address these challenges. We help our clients to optimize their response and resilience to expected and unexpected changes, events, and requirements, whether internally generated or externally imposed. We do this by strengthening governance, risk management, control, and compliance of organizations, projects, systems, and business and reporting processes, and responding to regulation, fraud, and litigation. Our value is in applying and integrating our wide range of technology, business, advisory, assurance, and risk management expertise to specific business and management problems.
These Services Include
Our Risk Consulting practice provides clients witha range of Advisory and Assurance services focused on strengthening business resilience, managing business risks, and driving business performance.
- Information Technology Advisory and Audit (ITA)
- Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS)
- Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- Forensic and Investigative Accounting (FOR)
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our growing IARCS team as a Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible to manage the planning, execution, and reporting in IARCS engagements, working both as part of larger engagement teams and individually with guidance and review from more senior professionals.
OurInternal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services(IARCS)professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization’s business strategies and related business processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance.
Example IARCS Services Include
- Internal Audit– provision of internal audit projects, including subject matter expertise required for topic-specific internal audits.
- Internal Audit Sourcing –provision of internal audit services on an ongoing or recurring outsourced or co-sourced basis.
- Establishment and Review of Internal Audit Functions
- Internal Control Advisory and Assessment– Documentation, evaluation, and improvement of internal controls, including but not limited to internal controls over financial reporting.
- Enterprise Risk Assessment and Enterprise Risk Management– establishment, execution, review, and improvement of enterprise risk assessments and enterprise risk management programs
- Regulatory Compliance– establishment, execution, assessment or audit, and improvement of regulatory compliance programs, governance, risks, and controls.
- Contract Compliance– establishment, execution, assessment or audit, and improvement of contract compliance programs, governance, risks, and controls.
- Board Advisory Services- assessing Board effectiveness and helping improve Board performance by aligning functions and performance to leading practices in corporate governance.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidates will act as a Manager on IARCS engagements, and may also get involved in supporting engagements within other service lines. Successful candidates will also participate in the management, development and growth of the practice.
As part of our Risk Consulting team, successful candidate will be responsible for the following
- Managing and planning the execution of risk, control, and compliance advisory and assurance activities for internal audit, internal control, enterprise risk management, and regulatory compliance programs
- Managing the work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Planning, managing, and completing project tasks including: liaising with client and KPMG teams; collecting, testing and analyzing information; documenting and evaluating processes, controls, policies, strategies; and performing detailed quality assurance review and feedback on the work of others.
- Developing, documenting, and assessing the objectives, risks, controls, organizations, business processes, systems, reports, and programs/projects across a wide variety of environments
- Providing readiness assessments and monitoring progress various projects/programs/activities
- Communicating (written and verbal) findings and recommendations to the client including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports and analyses; p reparation of advisory and assurance reports and related deliverables for internal audit, internal control, risk management, and compliance programs
- Providing technical expertise to support other services.
- Taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services; developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients; identifying and assisting in pursuit of opportunities; assisting in development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research.
- Contributing to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, HR initiatives, and practice management activities.
- Providing guidance and oversight to more junior personnel.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate will possess a strong mixture of education, experience, skills and behaviours such as the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, or other relevant program required
- Relevant accounting / audit designation(s) (CPA, CIA, and/or CISA) is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with audit (internal and/or external audit) and/or relevant consulting experience are desirable, particularly relevant experience in external audit, internal audit, and/or evaluation of internal controls
- Aspiration to pursue further relevant education and designations (e.g. CRMA, PMP, etc.)
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities
- Must be organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues
- Strong business, engagement, and project management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally
The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request.If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.
Apply for this position
This job posting has expired.