At Skype, our vision is to re-humanize communications “from the living room to the boardroom.” People are at the center of this vision. All day, every day, we are all simultaneously consumers and professionals, friends, family and colleagues - and our communications technologies need to move between these dimensions as seamlessly as we do. Skype and Skype for Business have transformed the way people communicate and collaborate in real time, using rich multi-modal communications, from consumers all the way to the largest enterprises in the world.
The Skype for Business Team is looking for a Technical Lead/Manager who is passionate about leading a team focused on end-user scenarios and programmability. You will take on challenging problems in building scalable, highly reliable, geo-redundant real time communication platform services that cater to multi-tenant applications. The work also involves a broad array of technologies including, but not limited to, Azure, ASP.Net, VoIP, SIP. You will build, grow and manage a talented, diverse, high-performance team that develops and maintains platform services that provide a wide range of functionality for both internal teams as well as third parties to be able to build cloud communications solutions. You will also be responsible for running these services worldwide with high availability, requiring great tooling, automation, dashboards, alerting and monitoring at scale.
You must have a proven track record leading a team spanning all aspects of software development life cycle. Leading a team with a growth mindset is absolutely essential to be successful in this role. Experience in designing and delivering enterprise grade distributed systems software either as on-premise servers or as cloud services is highly desirable. Experience in Azure or an equivalent cloud environment is a plus. Understanding of VOIP systems, telephony networks will give you an edge.
We're looking for Technical Lead with the following requirements:
• BS or higher degree in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
• Excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills.
• Experience in developing complex, large scale software in C++, C# or equivalent languages.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Track record of delivering products, features and functionality on time, at extremely high quality.
• Self-driven, pro-active, results-oriented and works with minimal direction.
• Brings people together across teams to successfully collaborate on innovative solutions.
• Deals with ambiguity, prioritizes, and make decisive decisions with great judgment.
• Quickly ramps up on new technology areas.
• Creates an inclusive and fun work environment where every employee engages effectively.
• Cares about growing people, is an excellent coach, and acts as a role model.
• 2+ years in managing high-performing teams.
• 9+ years of software engineering experience building server/service applications.
• Able and willing to write code as required.
We are an agile team in a fast moving group with plenty of growth opportunities. If you revel in challenges and want to change the way people communicate and collaborate then this the place for you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.